Just remembered some stuff that I was supposed to post at some point.
First off, in the "really, really creepy" category, GenPets.
Second, during our discussion of webcomics Tuesday I was asked to post a list of comics I read. I'm admittedly too lazy to compile the full list (which may be anywhere from 70 to 100, including finished and hiatused comics), so here's a non-comprehensive list of the comics I really like.
- Anywhere but Here - A story about everything going wrong.
- Dresden Codak - I'm really not sure what to say about this, other than it is awesome. Watch out for physics, philosophy, and doppelgangers.
- Get Medieval - Aliens and medieval royalty. What's not to love? Finished; currently running reruns with commentary.
- Girl Genius - Steampunk/Gas lamp fantasy with plenty of mad science
- Irregular Webcomic - It's something like five LEGO webcomics in one. Chronically underrated.
- Megatokyo - Two American Gamers in Japan. One of the biggest webcomics in the history of ever.
- Minus - Magical Whimsy with a dash of dark humor.
- Narbonic - One of the best mad science webcomics ever. Completed, but currently in Director's Cut reruns.
- Order of the Stick - D&D jokes, stick figures, evil lichs, and puppet gods! Erfworld is pretty good too.
- Questionable Content - Indie Rock in webcomic form
- Sam and Fuzzy - A taxi driver and a psychotic teddy bear take on a Ninja Mafia and evil record executive.
- Schlock Mercenary - Semi-hard science fiction by the most professional webcomicker I know of.
- Skin Horse - By the creator of Narbonic, a story of a secret government agency dealing with mad science.
- xkcd - THE geek webcomic. Period.
Oh! And I noticed that eMusic now has the Radiohead "In Rainbows" album, which they originally sold by putting up for download and letting people decide how much to pay for it. Now I can stop feeling guilty for never getting around to buying it. :)
- Current Mood::)
- Current Music:Radiohead
- Current Mood:XD
The Tesla Roadster is so cool. Just needs the range for a road trip. It'll go roughly 200 miles on a three hour charge, so half your trip would be spent sitting wherever you could find a place to charge (which could be an adventure itself for another few years). But then, it's a sports car, so you probably wouldn't take it on such trips.
The Chevy Volt isn't too bad either. Though I'm not a fan of the tall nose; makes it look bulky to me. Which is a complaint I have about a number of cars. Oh well. It's tentative max range with the generator would last it for a full day's drive (~600 miles) and it could go a full commute on battery alone (though an Alma-FS round trip is pushing it). Also, it'll probably be a lot cheaper.
Now if only the DeLorean Motor Company would make an electric car. XD They're building new DMC-12s. Anything could happen.
- Current Mood:*o*
It's hard to discipline oneself to get up earlier and be productive when one doesn't actually have to do either.
- Current Mood::|
I mowed the entire lawn today, and I have the sunburns to prove it. Ouch. XP
The rest of this post is more-or-less cross-posted on my website, but I'm putting it here so people will read it. ;)
Before my vacation, I installed a program called Inkscape, which allows you to make graphics by, instead of having you color each pixel of the image, define shapes and curves and lines and let it calculate the actual image. I've found it fits a lot better with how I mentally think of an image. I played with it a little bit on the vacation, and here's two images I got out of it.
The first is a little spiral thing I made just to play with the tools and figure out how they work. I like it, especially on the black background of this layout.
The next is a cup that I think looks pretty good. It took a while to make the handle look right, and I'm still not entirely sure I did it correctly, but it looks good, I think.
- Current Mood:^_^
First, because it looked fun:
I actually redrew it because a webcomic was both the recurring villain and perky civilian. It's still the recurring supervillain, but oh well.
In other news, I'm back from our little family vacation. We went down to the Ouachita National Forest and went along trails of various sorts on four-wheelers. We stayed in a really cool cabin that had just about everything except internet access. I probably nearly killed myself, but I was a bit too concerned about making it over the hills to notice. :) Tuesday we were rained on a little before we made it back home, and Wednesday we drove out in the middle of nowhere and hiked out to a little waterfall while it was raining, which made me wish I'd brought my rain jacket. Having had enough water, I stayed at the cabin while everyone else went out riding once it stopped raining. Dad rain into a tree to avoid falling down a ravine, and Sis somehow managed to topple her bike as well. They're a bit bruised, but otherwise we're all fine. All in all it was a lot of fun.
I hear there is a movie trip or somesuch in the works! Sounds fun, but I don't yet know whether I'll go or not; I'm still decompressing, but I'm starting to miss my adoring public. Well maybe not adoring. Whatever. :P ;)
- Current Mood:-_- zZ
The new Avatar DVD came in today. It's sweeeet.
I won't be at the Yeti meeting next week. The family's taking a quick vacation to some state park in the Ouachitas to ride the four-wheelers Dad's been buying. We're leaving Monday and coming back Wednesday or Thursday. Hopefully I'll have some sort of 'net access, but I don't know for sure.
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull comes out May 22. This seems the sort of thing that would deserve an Indy Marathon. ;)
Tomb Raider doesn't control near as well as I remember.
I'm messing with my journal theme. I kinda liked the old one, but it was getting kinda old. Also, I really wanted a tag cloud. ;)
I'm not sold on this one. I don't particularly care for the blue colors or the image at the top. Which, I guess, are the main points of the layout. Oh well. It'll do for now. I'm tired.
- Current Mood:-_-
EDIT: This may be the most awesome CD I've ever listened to. And that's a pretty tough field.
- Current Mood:XD
- Current Music:No More Kings